4/1/13

Lune De Miel



My wife and I were invited by our amazing friends, Yasha and Carrie, to stay with them in France for our Honeymoon. As they were leaving our engagement/wedding party (we eloped) they said something like, "You should come to France." Saying 'yes,' was probably one of the easiest travel decisions we've ever made.  I don't think we really put a lot of thought into what to expect when we got there. Maybe we would lounge away the afternoons at a cafe with a copy of 'Le Monde,' a packet of gauloises, and a glass of Pastis. Were we staying with Yasha and Carrie or in a guest house somewhere? Was there a town? I packed my most 'French' looking suit and we hit the road.

What we found profoundly affected us - the village, people, food, music, and pace of life. Deep in the heart of the Auvergne region of France is a little hamlet of ex-pats, artists, artisans, farmers, and musicians who have created a thriving community out of some old beat-up buildings. I'm not sure whether our hosts planned this, but the trip almost felt like some sort of Camp – Honeymoon Camp.  It was as if each member of the community wanted to impart some wisdom to us - the fresh young couple. At some point I decided that I needed to record Yasha and Carrie's vision and show the beauty of the life they have made out there. This is the result, a short film I've called, Lune De Miel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment